Animal Biotechnology: Vaccines and Diagnostics-Markets and Investment Opportunities
by G Dhinakar Raj, S Thilagar, SR Rao
Imprint : Daya Publishing House
Year : 2018
Price : Rs. 8995.00
Biblio : xv+238p., col.figs., tabls., 25 cm
G. Dhinakar Raj is the Project Director of TRPVB and Professor of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, with extensive experience in the field of veterinary diagnostics and vaccines. He has more than 26 years of academic and research experience. He has 190 publications to his credit and has developed and commercialized several technologies for field use.
S.R. Rao, Ph. D is Advisor, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology; Government of India.
About The Book
The animal sector in India is poised for a giant leap through technology innovations. This sector also offers a ‘virgin’ hitherto untapped market for investment opportunities. This treatise is a preliminary but a pioneering attempt towards analyzing the landscape of the veterinary vaccines and diagnostics industry in India. The farm animal, pet and poultry industry form the core of this segment with pigs, cats and equines forming the minor segment. All these sectors work on different ecologies.
Table of Contents
1. Veterinary Biologicals Market 1
2. Critical Analysis of Landscape 11
3. Government Initiatives and Programs 23
4. Market Requirement for Veterinary Biologicals 39
5. Economic Impact of Diseases 83
6. Vaccines 89
7. Diagnosis of Animal Diseases: Understanding Challenges and Limitations 115
8. Regulations for Veterinary Biologicals 135
9. Biosafety 169
10. Disease Reporting System 191
11. Disaster Management 205
12. Wild Animal Diseases 2